Raipur: A worker involved in preparations of chief minister Bhupesh Baghel’s Bijapur visit died of electric shock on Saturday.
According to initial information, chief minister Bhupesh Baghel is scheduled to reach Bijapur tomorrow. The administration was carrying out cleaning and beautification work on the banks of Mahadev Ghat in Bijapur. A tent was being installed here. During the work, the tent contractor employee Harish Korram died after being hit by high tension wire around 11 in the morning.
The 22-year-old man, a resident of Bhopalpatnam, was lifting up the pipe of the tent when one end of the pipe was hit by the high tension wire. Three more laborers holding pipes also suffered an electric shock. As per the sources, the incident happened due to the negligence of the tent contractor.