Raipur: The first case of coronavirus was found in Chhattisgarh on March 18 last year. Health minister TS Singh Deo released a video message on the completion of one year since then sharing his experiences.
"Lot of things happened during this one year in Chhattisgarh. Many citizens have lost their lives while battling with this deadly virus. 3,915 people lost their lives and about 3.20 lakh people have been found positive in the state in this one year period", Deo said.
The minister said that it was a difficult time for all of us. We have lost many opportunities, festivals were not celebrated same as before, we couldn't attend important occasions including funerals, studies were affected badly and it had negative impact on examinations. Overall it worsely affected our daily lives. However, despite all this, the people of Chhattisgarh stood together in the battle against deadly virus and took precautions, he said.
The minister further added that in this last one year we learned how to live and deal with in this pandemic situation and this one year experience will definitely help us in dealing with this situation in future.
Keeping all the negatives aside we have learnt a great lesson on how to deal with such a difficult situation and the people of Chhattisgarh have this courage to deal with the extreme. Besides, the Chhattisgarh government is also capable to provide all the necessary facilities to deal with the situation and we will get through this together, said the minister.