Raipur: A trainee apprentice working in the workshop of Gevra mine of Korba district has died due to exposure to poisonous gas on Wednesday.
The trainee was opening the suspension valve of the handyman dumper. Meanwhile, due to gas leakage, the oil and piston came out, due to which the trainee apprentice was injured. Two other trainee apprentices working with him were also injured in the incident. The agitated apprentice personnel started protesting and shouting slogans infront of the hospital demanding jobs and compensation to the deceased's dependents.
As per police sources, 30-year-old apprentice resident at Gevra in the workshop of SECL's Gevra coal mine, along with two of his companions Deepender and Ramesh Kumar, was repairing the suspension valve of the dumper. With the sudden suspension of toxic nitrogen gas leakage from the suspension valve piston cames out with oil. In this accident, trainee Hiralal fell 10 feet away from the dumper due to gas pressure and the piston went directly into Hiralal's head and chest injuring him badly.
In the incident, two more trainees apprentices Deepender and Ramesh Kumar are also scorched by poison gas. After the accident, the fellow apprentices hurriedly admitted the three injured personnel to SECL Departmental Hospital NCH Gevra for treatment where after testing Hiralal was declared dead by doctors.
Deepender and Ramesh Kumar injured in the incident have been admitted to the hospital, whose condition is still normal. After the death of fellow worker in the mine accident, other trainee apprentice personnel surrounded the NCH hospital. Demonstrations and slogans were raised at the main gate of the Prentice Hospital demanding the job and compensation to the dependents of the deceased. The deceased Hiralal havillage Charanda in Takhatpur. The family has been informed about the incident. Negotiations continue between management and trainee apprentices. Till the time of writing the news, the management has not taken any decision regarding the job and compensation.
Harish Tandekar, Deepka police station in-charge said police team has reached the spot and further investigations are underway.
Dadulal Ghabhel, a member of the Regional Safety Committee, said that the ITI apprentice working at Gevra Mines of SECL has died due to exposure to poisonous gas. The piston of the deceased dumper was opening, during which the piston came out due to gas leakage. Due to which the piston was put in his head and chest and he was seriously injured.