Raipur: Seven police personnel posted on the Naxal front in Bastar will be felicitated on November one on the occasion of state foundation day. These brave soldiers, who have achieved success on the Naxal front, will be awarded the “Chhattisgarh Gallantry Medal”. Out of these 7 jawans, 2 are posted in Dantewada and 5 in Narayanpur district.
These include one assistant sub-inspector, four head constables, and two constables. An order in this regard has been issued from Police Headquarters Raipur on Tuesday itself.
These jawans have been facing Naxalites for the last many years. Many big successes have also been brought in the Naxalite operation. Many Naxalite leaders have been killed by being involved in many big encounters. The jawans of Dantewada Somaru and Keshar Lal have been involved in the encounters in the forests of Burgum, Gumiyapal, and Timenar. In Burgum, they have killed 5 Naxalites of a large cadre of Maoists, while in Timenar, they have killed 8 Naxalites. Along with this, a Naxalite has also been killed in Gumiyapal. The jawans posted in Narayanpur district have brought many big successes in the front against Naxalites in Maad area.
Jawans to be felicitated:
Somaru Kadti - Assistant Sub Inspector - Dantewada.
· Keshar Lal Saroj 228- Head Constable - Dantewada.
· Baisakhu Ram Som 218- Head Constable - District- Narayanpur.
· Punu Ram Dugga 831 - Head Constable - District - Narayanpur.
· Sakendra Kumar Netam 751- Head Constable - District - Narayanpur
· Vivek Singh 709 - Constable - District - Narayanpur.
· Ramesh Kumar Andhare 714- Constable- District- Narayanpur.